Saturday, May 17, 2008

Christmas Beer

I brewed this beer a while ago and I just found the pictures laying around on my camera so i figure i'd fill you in. Basically this beer was a simple christmas beer, i can't remember what the recipe was but here are pictures anyways.


Here is a picture of the grain bail in my small mash tun. I used the strainer so when I drained water into the mash it would distribute evenly. I tried to do this brew fly sparging, which means you just run the water slowly into the mash and just let it flow out right away rather than letting it sit in there for an hour like in batch sparging. Overall it went rather well and i got pretty good efficiency i believe







Yeah, so this fly sparging. I put hot water into one bucket, then siphoned it down to the mash and drained into another bucket, then put it into the boil kettle...















Here is another shot of the wort coming out....














Here is the wort after it has all been cooked and such... It is cooling here.













Yeah, i don't have any other pictures of this beer, but it came out really well. I added cherries to the secondary fermentation and it came out really well and not too sweet. I am looking forward to making this beer again